Learning for a Double Purpose: College and Careers
Join us for one of the most affordable and comprehensive conferences in the nation! The HSTW Staff Development Conference provides a platform for K-12 practitioners to share innovative and proven school improvement strategies. Hear how teams of teachers, counselors and leaders prepared academic and career and technical education students with the skills and knowledge needed to succeed in college and the 21st-century workplace.
Bring your teaching team and:
- Learn innovative classroom-tested strategies that prepare students with skills and knowledge needed to succeed in school and the 21st-century workplace.
- Discover how to graduate at least 90 percent of your students with 80 percent ready for advanced training or college.
- Examine the benefits of building career pathways around a college-ready academic core that connects students to postsecondary studies and workplace opportunities.
- Equip students with the foundational literacy and math skills essential for success in further study and the workplace.
- Design a career and academic counseling program that helps students set goals and plan a career pathway program for high school and at least one year of postsecondary study.
- Focus on strategies that help students succeed during key transition periods – middle grades to high school and high school to college or careers.