Deadline is May 25th for teachers to apply to this professional development program.
Would you like to…
- Increase understanding of Geospatial Inquiry in your classroom?
- Increase confidence and skills for facilitating Geospatial Inquiry with students?
- Identify opportunities to implement Geospatial Inquiry to enhance student learning of key disciplinary concepts?
- Increase awareness of careers that could inspire students to enter STEM fields?
If so, a POD Teacher Workshop is perfect for you!
POD Teacher Workshops
The Power of Data (POD) Project is a 35-hour professional development program that helps secondary teachers enhance existing lessons with Geospatial Inquiry. Geospatial Inquiry involves finding patterns and relationships in data using online mapping technologies.
You will engage in adult-level Geospatial Inquiry with a focus on science. What you learn will serve as a template with which to create a similar Geospatial Inquiry for students in your specific content.
Over the course, you will learn how to:
- Examine geospatial data
- Ask Questions about geospatial data
- Analyze and Interpret geospatial data in ArcGIS Online
- Engage in Argument using geospatial data as EVIDENCE to support written arguments
- Present and Receive Feedback on your argument to peers in ArcGIS Online
- Revise your argument based on peer feedback.
No previous experience with GIS necessary. This class is designed to get GIS novices up and running quickly and easily.